L'excessive Lesson 1: Lines 1-4
On this page, you will learn Lines 1-4 using ONLY the "Syllables" and "Memorization" audio clips. There will be less helper audio than normal, and you will be memorizing more syllables at a time than normal. Therefore, you may find it more challenging to learn these lyrics compared to last unit. The extra effort you will need to put in, however, will go a long way in developing your raw abilities in French perception. Be persistent but make sure to take breaks when necessary.
In the audio files below, I clearly articulate each syllable.
- Listen closely and mimic my pronunciation exactly.
- Review the Phonetic Notation Key if you are unsure about a sound/symbol.
The audio file below loop these lyrics at reduced speed. Before you attempt to sing along, you should listen to it several times. Remember, you no longer have the construction and Rhythm audio aids to help you, so you will need to entrain these things by yourself.
- For each line listen close several times and try to sing along with the artist, mimicking her accent exactly.
- Once you can sing along comfortably with the artist, practice singing the lyric out loud to yourself 5 times in a row WITHOUT the aid of the audio.
- Do not move on to the next line until you are comfortable performing the step above.
Lines 1-4 Memorization
Use the audio aids below to combine the lines together to the full stanza and build up to full speed
Once you are comfortable with everything on this page, you may move on to Lines 5-8