Unit 4, Lesson 2, Line 4
In this page, you will learn Line 4 of "Désolé"
In the audio clip below, I chant the URB for this line several times in a row.
- Listen as many times as it takes for you to "catch the beat".
- Once you have caught the beat, chant along with me while clapping a steady beat.
- When the audio clip ends, continue chanting the beat without me while still clapping the steady beat.
- Do not continue until you are comfortable with the above step.
In the audio clips below, I divide the line into sections and clearly articulate the syllables of each section:
- Listen closely and try to mimic my pronunciation exactly.
- If you are unsure about a sound, reference it in The Phonetic Notation key.
- Do not continue until you are comfortable articulating each syllable
In the audio clips below, I divide the line into the same sections and articulate the syllables above in their natural rhythm:
- Listen close and repeat after me in the time given to you.
- Make sure to keep a steady beat throughout the exercise
The audio clip below contains the full line at 40% reduced speed on loop:
- Listen close and sing along with the artist for the entire track. Try your best to match the artist's pronunciation exactly.
- Once you are comfortable singing the lyrics with the artist, try to sing them out loud to yourself without the audio aid.
- Do not move on until you have successfully completed the above step.
Once you have completed everything on this page you may move on to Memorization.